Listen up moms of high school juniors: coronavirus is likely to have a big impact on the college application process this fall and winter. In this episode, we talk to long-time listener Amy, a high school college and career counselor from Virginia, about what students should do now to get ready. And as we enter week #8 of lockdown in our states, the weather is finally getting warm which has us wondering what summer would look like with or without our beloved camps.
To leave a message for the Manic Mommies, call (585) 789-1216.
- To find a list of colleges who have extended their deposit deadline to June 1 (or later): www.ACCEPTgroup.org
- “To Go or Not To Go: That Is The Question” by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) – Central place to find college policy updates.
- StriveScan Virtual College Exploration (through May 8)-
- Colleges that are test-optional
- Start thinking about your essays: www.collegeessayguy.com (He has a podcast, too!)
- SAT updates
- ACT updates
- Big Future: Ten ways to learn about college online
- Virtual campus tours Also check admissions website of the colleges you’re considering
- Where You Go Is Not Who You’ll Be by Frank Bruni
- The Truth About College Admission by Brennan Barnard and Rick Clark
- Paying for College Without Going Broke by Princeton Review
- The Years the Matter Most: How College Makes or Breaks Us by Paul Tough (Erin highly recommends this one!)